Sunday, September 14, 2008

Review - Satellite TV for PC

I decided to review Satellite TV for PC after remembering one of my friends has been using it in his dorm for quite a while. He always sort of tried to "impress" people by his (back then) 2000+ channels all on his 26 in monitor. Well now that number has ramped up to over 3000+ so I finally decided to see what it is all about for my self.

Well, while my friend really liked the product, I felt it was a little on the "under developed" side. Don't get me wrong it is a good service but for 50 bucks I expected a little better user interface. If UI's arnt your thing though, you should have nothing to worry about with Satellite TV for PC. You get tons of movies and channels for over 70 countries which is really neat to watch when your bored. :)

There is a lot of educational channels very similar to the History Channel in there as well, which I have always used for sort of "background noise" when writing reports or studying just so its not dead quiet. The "premium" channels are here as well(MTV, Discovery, Rapture, etc). Aljazeera TV is also here as well - delivering you pretty crazy and uncensored look into the Iraq war. One of my friends walked in the other day and saw me watching this and just gave me a blank stare and shook his head haha.

If you decide to pull the trigger on this I don't think you will be disappointed at all, it is a very good product I just wished it was a little more polished. Hopefully a release will improve the UI a bit but until then have fun!

CHECK IT OUT HERE

Overall 4/5